Here are all the cargo icons for SnowRunner. I know I keep forgetting what they are!
So I’ve been playing SnowRunner for a bit with my buddy and if you’ve ever played Co-op then you know that it pops up errors that you just click through until it connects. Will the other day I accidently hit new game and clicked through the error that stated that this will overwrite your current game. BAM, hours of time driving gone in a second.
Started searching the web for if there was any way to get my saved game back and came across a few about just copying over the backupSlots folder over the existing but that never worked completely. Either it just didn’t work, it worked but the fog (black area on the map) was back with no towers to unlock or just other randomness.
After fighting with it for a few hours I think I figured it out and thought I’d share it with everyone.
- As soon as you see that you’ve lost your save game, quit the game
- Go to your Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage folder (C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\SnowRunner\base\storage)
- Copy the backupSlots folder somewhere else or just rename it
- In the backupSlots folder you are going to see a folder with a name consisting of a long string of numbers and letters. You want to copy every folder in there into the corresponding long folder name in the storage folder
- Next comes the tricky part and what I had to figure out myself cause this didn’t work even though most post said it would. First you want to search you backupSlots folder for a file called “CompleteSave.dat” Now this is your actual save point so pick the latest one you want to restore and copy it to the root of the storage\<longstring> folder and overwrite whatever is there
- Now if you start your game you will have all your trucks, money, etc back but your map fog will still be broken. Now you want to search your backupSlot folder for any files started with the word “fog”. Just enter “fog*” into the search bar and copy them all to the storage\<longstring> folder.
- Do the same for any files starting with “sts”
- You should now be pretty close to where you where before you lost your save games. I’ve gotten into the habit now of copying and renaming my “SnowRunner” folder after any marathon sessions or just cause. That way if it happens again, I can just copy that entire folder over.
Hope this helps you! If you have any questions just let me know.